Timothy-Tucker.com

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams

Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Monday, July 29, 2002

My name is Timmy. I’m forty-two years old, but I’m still a “Timmy”. My mother named me after the Timmy on the old black and white Lassie show. She said she wanted a little boy just like that one. When I was four my parents got a Collie puppy for me named, you guessed it, Lassie. My only memory of Lassie is stopping on the way into the house and trying to see how much of my foot I could get down Lassie’s throat. I wasn’t trying to be mean; it was just a matter of scientific curiosity.... My parents gave Lassie away shortly after that.

I failed in a lot of other ways to live up to my sitcom namesake. In my teens I fell in lust with a little girl from a very dysfunctional family. She taught me about Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll. I liked all three. Unfortunately I thought that meant we where made for each other. She was just too young and messed up to know any better. We got married, and after ten years together she left with the one of her boyfriends. It was a very ugly time.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had a very good life. It’s just that if I wasn’t so stupid half the time things would have been a lot better. You probably know how it goes. Most of us do.

Things changed, I met Beverle’ and she has enough goodness in her to make up for most of my self destructive behavior. But we’ll save that for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home