Timothy-Tucker.com

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams

Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Tuesday, August 27, 2002

I took my youngest son to the county fair this afternoon. He ran around with one of his church buddies for four hours. I brought the new camera and spent the entire time experimenting. I had the laptop in the trunk of the car to store images on. I ended up with over one hundred and twenty images to work with.

Our county fair is very small. It's very "country". We have a demolition derby one night and a tractor pull on Saturday night which is the biggest draw. Tonight was the Miss Grayson county beauty pagent which is a real big deal around here. I've never understood it.

For that matter the tractor pull is pretty strange too. But I have to admit though I never go to see it, the idea of playing "adult' bumper cars does sound rather fun to me. I remember seeing it on Wide World of Sports as a kid. I miss that show. I would go to my grandmothers house an watch it on her black and white console tv. I always liked the strange sports. Remember the cliff diving from Mexico? Or how about the weight lifting where that Russian, I can't think of his name at the moment, but he would set a new world record every show. It was always just a few pounds more each time because he got a bonus from the USSR each time he broke a new record,so he spaced it out. My favorite though was the Highland games with the Kaber tossing. I have no idea how to spell "Kaber", but you get the idea. It was like this huge telephone pole these huge guys would balance up, run a few steps and then hurl in the air. I had a old fence post I would toss around the yard pretending I was playing the real thing.

I need to do that again. At least find that wonder in myself again. The camera has helped lately. I read a quote recently that went something like," a camera is a tool that teaches you how to see when your not using it". I don't remember who said it but there is truth in it. I'm looking forward to working with the images from our little fair. Soon I am going to add my ftp site so I can bring some of these images to my blog. Another Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home