Timothy-Tucker.com

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams

Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

A letter to my wife, on her Birthday.



Two weeks after our first date I knew. I knelt down beside the couch and told you I loved you. Nena looked in from the kitchen, thought I was proposing and flipped out. I could have proposed then and never looked back, but you needed convincing I was for real. That took another two months.

We started with a seven-year-old girl, and a six-month-old boy. I had no idea what I was doing, but I never doubted once that it was where I was supposed to be.

We had very little money and no time to ourselves. Statistics say we never had a chance, but not once in the past fifteen years have I felt anything but amazed at being with you.

If I say, “without you I am not whole.” it sounds cliché’, but that makes it no less true.

I did not want to give you a card with someone else’s words this year. I wanted to tell the whole world about you, to let everyone know I love you more now than that night almost sixteen years ago. The whole world will not come to my little web site, but to everyone who does whomever they may be, I say

You are my best friend and I love you more than life.

Happy Birthday Beverle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home