Timothy-Tucker.com

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams

Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Monday, May 05, 2003

The Rainbow connection

We had to go into town Sunday afternoon. A thunderstorm came up just as we were heading out the door. The hail started less than a mile from the house. We pulled off the road and tried to shield the car under the trees. The noise the hail was making was deafening and I was sure the car was being destroyed, so I opened the door to get out and look. A marble size stone hit my hand as I was getting out and convinced me of the stupidity of standing in a hailstorm to see if my car is being dented. I discovered after the storm had moved on that the car was safe, and so were we, unlike so many others who died from this same storm system.

The sun came out almost as soon as the hail stopped. It was behind us all the way into town. We saw the biggest, brightest rainbow ever. At times the refraction was so clear you could see both ends running along the ground, (yes, a rainbow on the ground, running the full length of a field) then lifting off the trees to form the arch. Unfortunately, I had left my camera at home, so no picture to share. You will just have to take my word for it that this was the biggest, clearest rainbow I have ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home