Timothy-Tucker.com

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams

Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Sunday, June 22, 2003

The child in his eyes

As I was walking to my car this morning I saw this elderly man, very fragile looking. He was standing in the corner of an empty bank parking lot. I heard a whirring sound and a remote controlled truck jumped the curb and ran down a grassy bank into the street. The old man turned in profile to me and I noticed the remote control in his hands. The truck spun around in the street, raced back up the small hill, and jumped back into the parking lot, bouncing on its tires and accelerating. The old man remained apparently oblivious to me as I walked within a few yards of him and started my car. I was amazed at the look of fascination in his face and for several moments just watched him. It made me feel good to see him, the child still in his eyes, and an unconscious smile on his face. I wanted to get out and ask him if I could play too, but grown up things waited for me, and could not be put off. I put the car in gear and with regret, left him to his joyful work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home