Timothy-Tucker.com

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams

Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Monday, August 11, 2003

Dive! Dive! Dive!

Somewhere in the back of my mind is a door, a door with a faulty latch. Next to this door are all the important things I am supposed to remember throughout the day. When my mind moves on, the important things spill out onto the road behind me. I see them trailing away in my rearview mirror.

The rest of my mind is brimming with seemingly useless trivia. I may lose track of a conversation in mid-sentence. I frequently forget what I had for breakfast, or where I was supposed to be at five o’clock, but I can readily recall that Harry Truman was the first President to ride in a submarine. No one seems to care that Harry Truman was the first President to ride in a submarine.

Surely, there is a higher meaning, a greater purpose this knowledge aspires to. Maybe at some cataclysmic moment, someone will look to heaven and say, “If only we knew who the first president to ride in a submarine was, we could stop this awful thing.”

Then my friends, yes then;

I can hardly wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home