Timothy-Tucker.com

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams

Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Tuesday, December 09, 2003

You can't make this stuff up: Part 3


When he woke up that morning he was paralyzed on most of his left side. His left leg would not work at all, and he was very weak in his left arm. He had suffered a stroke in his sleep, a Cerebral Vascular Accident, but it would be later in the day before he would hear those words for the first time.

The phone was in the living room. He needed to call his daughter for help. Rolling out of bed onto the floor, he dragged himself down the hall to the living room. He rested there for a moment before pulling himself into a chair by the phone.

“I sat there for a few minutes and then I wanted a cup of coffee, so I crawled to the kitchen.”

“ Wait a minute…you crawled to the kitchen for a cup of coffee… before making the phone call?”

“Yeah, but I couldn’t get up to the counter so I crawled back to the living room and called my daughter. She showed up and called 911 and they took me to the hospital.

Never did get that cup of coffee...”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home