Timothy-Tucker.com

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams

Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Purpose Driven Life Journal: Day Eight


Point to consider: I was planned for God’s pleasure.

Question to consider: What could I start doing today as if I were doing it for Jesus?

Journal: Work comes to mind; it is drudgery most of the time. Despite working in the medical field, actually helping someone rarely happens. When it does I get a boost that lasts for quite awhile. Mostly however, either there is nothing wrong in the first place, or there is nothing that can be done about it anyway.

I used to think of my place of work as a kind of church, a place to meet Jesus in others and represent Him in turn, but all the government and insurance interference has turned it into a business. Now it is a crafty, code driven chess game to see who can rip the other one off for the most money. Sixty cents of every Medicare dollar goes to support the bureaucracy of Medicare, and that money is spent trying not to spend the other forty. Helping people is much harder to do these days.

Part of what is wrong though, is my attitude, and I alone am responsible for that. I will try to make work, Church again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

good one

1:17 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Welcome back, TT.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home