Timothy-Tucker.com

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams

Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Monday, May 03, 2004

Purpose Driven Life Journal: Day One



Beverle and I have begun the forty-day Purpose Driven Life Book. I am including my journal entries here in case there is still anyone out there who might want to comment, or tell me how wrong I am. :)

Day One: It all starts with God.
Point to ponder: It’s not about me.
Question to consider: How can I remind myself today that life is really about living for God, not myself?


Journal: I could wear a Kippah ;) I did start wearing my mezzuzah necklace again. I added the Hebrew letter chai, for Life, meaning Life in God, purpose driven life, the life abundant that Jesus spoke of. However, these reminders only work for a while and will become routine in themselves, as all ritual does over time.

This is the same problem Israel always had, getting back into the flow of living and losing the reason for living.

I can remind myself Today that life is about living for God, but even Moses had to ask, Lord, teach me to number my days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home