Timothy-Tucker.com

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams

Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Monday, May 17, 2004

Purpose Driven Life Journal: Day Seven


Point to ponder: It’s all for Him

Question to consider: How in my daily routine could I become more aware of God’s glory around me?

Journal: This question aggravates me somewhat.

Have you ever went outside, looked up at a clear night sky full of stars, took a deep breath and yelled out “ JUST..SAY..SOMETHING...ANYTHING!”

Have you ever envied Job? You know, because despite all the suffering at the end he actually spoke with God. Not just spoke at God and listened for some little heart voice or some “sign” but actually had a conversation. Never mind that God did not actually answer the question he asked, or that Job ended up covering his mouth in shame because of his puniness. He wanted a meeting with the Ineffable Almighty and got one. My hero.

Don’t you want God to just blow you away? I mean drop you to the ground in awe, teeth chattering until they crack blown away. Maybe pull you up to the “seventh” heaven for just a glimpse. Bring you up just long enough to leave you a wild eyed, drooling crazy man for the rest of your days, eating wild locusts and honey, preaching to the air, abandoned by your family and friends? Wouldn’t you like that?

I would.

So why is it so dang hard just to hold on? Job’s suffering was merely days long, why such silence for the rest of us? Don’t get me wrong, there are times in my life where I am certain that I have seen Him with the eyes of my heart, otherwise I wouldn’t know what I was missing.
It is not about me the book says,
Yet He gave me the desire to seek Him…right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

oh yeah, yeah, yeah. oh yeah. its drivimg me crazy. first He told me i had an amazing calling then i THINK i heard Him say not to be so sure. now he's been silent for 4 years. i dont know whats going on. what happened? did something explode? but yeah i want to be caught up too. er i used to. but i think my desire is dissapearing.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

BTW- This post also reminds me of the last episode of Joan of Arcadia. Excet my dark moments usually arent that exciting, or weird for that matter. They are usually unbearably borring.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home