Timothy-Tucker.com

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams

Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Saturday, May 08, 2004

Purpose Driven Life Journal: Day Six


Point to ponder: This world is not my home.

Question to consider: Since life on earth is just a temporary assignment, how should that change the way I live today?

Journal: Jesus said “Take up your cross, and follow me” which means that we should die daily. Bushido, the Samurai code says that the warrior should live close to death, and meditate on it daily. The idea being, if you are always expecting death, you will live each day as if it were your last. I know these two statements are not the same, but I see a similarity of meaning.

Trying to live in the moment is such a hard thing to do, yet so rewarding. A Christian must also look towards eternity/infinity, another of the Christian paradoxes that defines the nature of God.


P.S. Yes, I am backdating these entries. We have spent more time working with the youth praise band, bought a car for Jason to learn to drive in, and went to a wedding over a four day weekend, somewhere north of Cleveland. So I'm behind...in everything. Yet life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home